- The Elders are encouraging everyone to wear a face covering while in the building unless you have a medical reason not to wear one.
- The 9:00 AM in-person worship service will be a mask required gathering. Should you have a medical reason not to wear one, you will be asked to attend a different worship service OR view the 9:00 AM service via a video stream to another room.
- Those on stage will remove their mask to be able to communicate clearly with the congregation.
- We’re requiring those utilizing the 2nd floor or lower level during the 9:00 AM service to at minimum wear a mask as they’re entering the church until they get to their classroom and then when they exit their classroom until outside. We’re encouraging everyone to continue wearing a mask during classes, but it is required while outside of a classroom around the 9:00 AM service. Those on the main floor of the church during the 9:00 AM service are required to have a face covering on at all times.
- Please make sure you subscribe to our email updates at FBCVA.life/subscribe to keep up on the latest announcements.
Worship Service Times
- Saturdays at 5 PM OUTSIDE
- Fellowship Kids (nursery - 4th grade)
- Sundays at 9 AM Online or in the main auditorium (mask required)
- Fellowship Students (7th-12th grade) classes available
- Sundays at 10:45 AM in the main auditorium or lower auditorium
- Fellowship Kids (nursery-6th grade) classes available
- Fellowship Students (7th-12th grade) classes available
At the entrances, we will have a greeter holding the door open for you. Our interior doors will all be open to ensure that you do not have to touch a door.
Once inside the building, we would like to have you go into the auditorium where more of the welcome team will guide you to your seat. We will be filling the chairs from the front of the auditorium to the back. Every other row has been removed, and families can sit together. We ask that three chairs separate your family and the next family if you are sitting on the same row.
When the worship service is over, our welcome team will dismiss each row. This will help everyone to move to the outside of the building for more fellowship time if you would like.
No process is perfect, but here are all the things we are doing to help provide the safest environment for everyone joining us to worship.
Sickness Policy: If you are not feeling well (coughing, temperature over 100 degrees, shortness of breath, or otherwise not feeling well) or if you have been exposed within the last two weeks to someone suspected of Covid-19, we are asking that you worship with us online at fbcva.life/weekendworship.
As you arrive:
Lobby - We ask people not to congregate in the lobby, please continue to fellowship outside of the building.
Masks and face coverings - The Elders are encouraging everyone to wear a face covering while in the building unless you have a medical reason not to wear one.
Those on stage (vocalists and those speaking) can remove their masks to better communicate. Those serving in roles that are close to the congregation, such as Ushers, Greeters, and the Welcome team, we will ask that they continue to wear masks while serving for the comfort and protection of those they are serving. 1 Corinthians 8:9-12 NASB - 9 But take care that this [a]liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol’s temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols? 11 For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.
Shaking of hands and hugging - We have all missed each other dearly. We ask everyone to extend a level of understanding and comfort by refraining from shaking hands or hugging one another.
Doors - We will be propping doors open or holding them by volunteers to provide a touchless service. Which entrance should I use? We ask that you plan to enter through either the north or south portico entrances unless you have children for the nursery.
Entering - We ask that people remain outside (especially for the 10:45 AM service) until we have finished sanitizing the space as we are cleaning services before and after each use.
Spreading out - To provide greater social distancing, we have removed every other row of seats within the main auditorium and overflow spaces. Households can all sit together, but we ask everyone to leave three empty chairs from one family to the next family. The ushers will be helping out with this as well.
Seating - To help us move in and out of the building and rooms in a way that provides social distancing and to allow us to make room for everyone, we will be seating everyone from the front of the auditorium to the rear. Ushers will guide each household to the next available seats. At the end of the service, each row will be dismissed in order.
Fellowship - We ask once people are dismissed to move to the nearest exterior doors and refrain from congregating in the lobby areas. We are asking for you to fellowship outside so that you will have adequate space for social distancing.
Giving - We are encouraging people to continue giving online, mailing in contributions, or we will have labeled offering boxes at each entrance/exit to allow people to drop any offerings off as they enter or exit the worship service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.- Will there continue to be an online service?
A.- We know some people are not able or comfortable quite yet, so we plan to offer an online worship service for people to worship at home or possibly even with your community group. Live-stream will start at 9 AM, and the recording of the service will be posted for you to watch at a later time.
Q. - Do I have to wear a mask to come to church?
A. - The Elders are encouraging everyone to wear a face covering while in the building unless you have a medical reason not to wear one. Those serving in roles that require closeness to the congregation, such as Ushers, Greeters, and the Welcome team, will wear masks for everyone's comfort and protection.
Q. - Will I get to sit wherever I want in the service?
A. - To allow us to safely and most efficiently get everyone in the building, we will be seating people from the front to the back of the church. We are asking for everyone's flexibility in this new process.
Q. - How will social distancing work in the main auditorium?
A. - We have removed every other row of seats, and we will be seating families together with three empty chairs between each family.
Q. - Will there be children's ministry?
A. - Yes, Nursery-aged (0-2), preschool-aged (2-4), and elementary-aged (K-6th grade) children's ministry will be available during the 10:45 AM service.