SAFE - CONTINUE - GO
For FBC's Comprehensive Response under the SAFE - CONTINUE - GO plan as shared on 3/13/20 [CLICK HERE]
Feeling Anxious? Listen to John Morrison's reflections on anxiety here.
Worship gatherings are moved online until further notice. By 9:00 AM on Sundays, we will post a pre-recorded worship service (singing and sermon) online for all to enjoy and participate from their own home. This weekend we will have a new Weekend Worship landing page that includes sermon notes, children's ministry, adult learning center classes, giving and more.
- Adult Learning Center - ALC Classes are being recorded this week and some that are available for group participation online. Click Here to listen to the recordings.
- Family - Visit the online Fellowship At Home center where you can access all the same resources that are available at FBC. Additional resources for families will be coming out regularly through email updates, Facebook, and more.
- Fellowship Students - Large group meetings are occurring via zoom invite, daily posts by staff on Facebook, and more.
- Fellowship Kids - Resources have already started getting emailed out and will be available on the worship landing page each weekend as well.
- Fellowship Seniors - Both Encore and PrimeTimers have been coordinating efforts to check-in on one-another to maintain fellowship from a distance, but also to make sure everyone knows that assistance is available.
- Congregational Care - the congregational care team has volunteers ready to help. If you need help or prayer? Click Here for more information.
- Biblical Counseling - the team is still conducting counseling and has tools available to facilitate video calls for counseling appointments
- Local Outreach - the local outreach team has been coordinating efforts with Winchester Public Schools and other local food banks to see how we can assist them.
- Global Missions - Coronavirus has been impacting many of the global churches that we are already working with and Scott & Jim are able to connect with different pastors globally through video calls for fellowship and technology, including pulling pastors together for an online global conference.
- Events & activities. The FBC building is closed for activities until further notice and staff are predominately working remotely, but we welcome opportunities to connect with you. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions at Hello@fbcva.org .
If you want to receive updates on particular ministry announcements please be sure to update your email preferences by CLICKING HERE.
Group specific updates:
- Women in the Word - Not meeting in person until Frederick County schools reopen, recordings of teaching are coming
- DivorceCare - meetings are moving online - participants are being contacted directly
- Crack of Dawn - online live study each Thursday at 6:29a.m. - Email Rich Brito to join.
- High School Hershey Park Trip has been canceled
- JAM has been canceled
- Fellowship Workday has been postponed
- KidZone Worship's Danny & The Shacks musical has been postponed
- 40th Anniversary Celebration has been postponed
Keep in Touch
We are working hard to provide information as broadly as we can. Please check out these options with the list below.
Where can we find information:
- Email updates: https://fbcva.life/subscribe
- FBCVA.Life home page: https://fbcva.life
- Facebook, FBC Family Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fellowshipfam/
- Facebook, Public Feed: https://www.facebook.com/FellowshipBibleVA/
- Churchwide text updates: Text FBCVA to 95577 on your phone to sign up (see below for further instructions)*
Community Groups – Will our community group continue to meet? This is the decision of each community group leader. We hope this is a time that community groups can especially care for one another even if they suspend meeting physically together. Some groups are starting to meet virtually, so connect with your community group leader to learn more.
Giving – We recognize for some families this will be a season of hardship in a number of ways. We would ask that families continue to support the ongoing work of the church to the extent that they can do so. The easiest way to do this is through online giving at https://fbcva.life/give. We are working hard to be good stewards of the resources God has blessed us with and are making adjustments to expenses, however, there are still ongoing bills that the church will need to pay to continue ministry and to maintain our campus.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE
Congregational care and community outreach are ways that we will be able to let our light shine in the world.
God has allowed us to have vast opportunities over the coming weeks to show the love of Christ to those around us whether it is helping to care for your neighbor's kids, picking up groceries or a pharmacy refill for someone that cannot leave their home, or bringing over a meal. This is a prime opportunity for us to care for those in our community. These will likely be grassroots type efforts, so have fun running with different ideas. As teams come up with additional ideas, we will pass them around to everyone.
*Summary Terms & Conditions for Text Notifications
Our mobile text messages are intended for subscribers over the age of 13 and are delivered via USA short code 95577 You may receive up to 5 messages per month for text alerts. Message and date rates may apply. This service is available to persons with text-capable phones subscribing to carriers including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, Virgin Mobile USA, Cincinnati bell, Centennial Wireless, Unicellular, U.S. Cellular, and Boost. For help, text HELP to 95577, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 540.662.7200. You may stop your mobile subscription at any time by text messaging STOP to short code 95577.