God determined that the combination of male and female would reflect His image.
He also determined that married couples would picture Christ and the church.
Through singles living out intentional celibacy, doors are wide open for ministry and relationships lived to God’s glory.
Through marrieds living out their sexuality within marriage, children are born into secure families with a father and mother who each reflect different elements of the nature of God (e.g., see 1 Thess. 2:7-11).
In that world, boys are taught to be men, girls are taught to be women, and generations are connected with the Lord and one another according to God’s intentions.
Starting January 11th
We will be collectively focusing on what it looks like to have an informed, Biblical foundation when approaching these sensitive and relevant issues we face on a regular basis.
Resources will be released weekly to help you explore what the Bible says about these topics. In addition to our typical content like Idea Cards, we will be launching a weekly podcast from John Avery, Pastor of Family Life and John Morrison, Pastor of Biblical Counseling, which will reinforce the Truths we'll be learning through a relevant and accessible medium.
Here's a brief overview of the key events within this Focus:
Click for more details
- New Podcast Channel, "The Fellowship Family Podcast" is here! This podcast is where the focus content will be published.
- Focus Launches January 11, 2020, with resources available at the Home Center and at fellowshipathome.org/identity.
- A three-part course, January 12, 19, and 26 at 9:00 AM in the Lower Level Auditorium.
- Women of Fellowship Coffee and Dessert Night - "Holy Longing: The Gospel in our Sexuality", January 24.
- “Out of a Far Country” Sermon featuring Guest Speaker, Christopher Yuan, and his parents, February 1/2.
- “A Christian Response to Homosexuality” with Christopher Yuan on Sunday, February 2 from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
Subscribe to the podcast channel so you don't miss an episode!
Every Friday morning at 6:00am we'll release a new episode on the topic of Identity and Sexuality. Presented in a conversational tone, you'll hear Biblical foundations for how to approach this topic, personal stories from people of Fellowship, and encouragement to apply truth to your daily walk.
Upcoming Focus Events
Have questions about something related to Identity and Sexuality?
Please write it out below and submit it when you're ready. We will attempt to answer your question in one of the following ways:
• Town Hall Forum Q&A on Wednesday, February 26th 6:30-8:30pm, Main Auditorium
• Youth Q&A on March 11th 6:30-8:30pm, Lower Level Auditorium