Instructors - John Avery and Joe Houser
In-person in Room 2-2 at 10:45 AM on May 2, 9, 16, 23 for parents, grandparents, and future parents.
As a parent, days can sometimes seem long, BUT the years fly by, and because of this, intentional parenting is crucial. Intentional parenting is relational, instructional, and desperately needed. This 4-week intensive will encourage and equip you with intentional steps to disciple your kids and grandkids.
Content of the Class
Week One - May 2
- The Need for parents to disciple their kids
- The Mirror helps us see where we need to look at ourselves to see where changes need to take place in our families and ask the Lord to help make our home a disciple making home.
- A home of G.R.A.C.E.
- Engage Principle: Consecrate our home to the service of the Lord
Week Two - May 9
- The Kitchen: What are the ingredients of family discipleship?
- The Gospel
- The Big Story (Biblical Theology)
- The Big Truths (Systematic Theology)
- The Great Commission
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Christian Living
- Engage Principle: Cast out Every Idol
Week Three - May 16
- The Living Room: What are the context for teaching?
- The Home
- The Community
- The World
- Engage Principle: Commit yourself to the task
Week Four - May 23
- The Bedroom: Speaking to our Children's Hearts
- Helping our children treasure Jesus
- Engage Principle: Commemorate Continually the Works of the Lord